Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Can't use mod

4 years ago

I am getting this error every time I try to use this mod
Failed to load mods: File not found: base/graphics/entity/underground-belt/underground-terra2.png
I looked for the png in the file and found it in belt so I tired renaming the file to undergound-belt but it still comes up with the same error I came across one other person who is having the same error but the rest of us have no problems.

4 years ago

I am getting this error every time I try to use this mod
Failed to load mods: File not found: base/graphics/entity/underground-belt/underground-terra2.png
I looked for the png in the file and found it in belt so I tired renaming the file to undergound-belt but it still comes up with the same error I came across one other person who is having the same error but the rest of us have no problems.

What version of the Mod and Factorio are you running? Using Darkstar 0.18.3 and Factorio 0.17.68 I don't get the error.

4 years ago

I am using Factorio 0.17.68 and darkstar 0.18.3 there is one other person on my discord channel that is having the same exact error, but the rest of them are fine. Before 17.68 came out we were using the port but when that broke the channel went to the darkstar 18.2 I have been having the same problem since. I didnt have the main downloaded untill we moved to it.

4 years ago

I am using Factorio 0.17.68 and darkstar 0.18.3 there is one other person on my discord channel that is having the same exact error, but the rest of them are fine. Before 17.68 came out we were using the port but when that broke the channel went to the darkstar 18.2 I have been having the same problem since. I didnt have the main downloaded untill we moved to it.

Well, I Can't replicate the error you are having for whatever reason. Try downloading 0.18.4 and see if that works. If that doesn't work contact me on Disocrd (Nekomancer) and I'll see if I can walk you through fixing it that way.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

That file is missing for me as well, looking at /Darkstar_utilities_0.18.4/graphics/entity/ there is no folder named underground-belt. Although it does say base in the error, not sure what its looking for.

EDIT: Fixed it
Go to /Darkstar_utilities_0.18.4/prototype/ and open entity.lua, go to line 13740 and change
filename = "base/graphics/entity/underground-belt/underground-terra2.png",
to
filename = "Darkstar_utilities/graphics/entity/belt/underground-terra2.png",

Thanks to TehFreek in Factorio discord for identifying that this only causes a problem when graphics are set to normal.

4 years ago

thank you that made it work

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

don't forget the two underscores otherwise it wont work!
filename = "__Darkstar_utilities__/graphics/entity/belt/underground-terra2.png",

New response