Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Equipment Bug

5 years ago

I have tried many different ways to install equipment into the darkstar vehicles, however each time I do, I get this error
Error while running event Darkstar_utilities::on_player_placed_equipment (ID 38)
No character.
stack traceback:
Darkstar_utilities/control.lua:103: in function <Darkstar_utilities/control.lua:100>
any ship
Any equipment, from any mod, however this was done with only darkstar installed (both mods)

5 years ago

What equipment where you trying to put into the vehicle?

5 years ago

The mod's own stuff, in 16
I had a ton of other mods installed, but it was the only one causing issues. I really wanted this mod in the pack, for the OP mining and transportation capabilities!
are there any known mods that conflict?
anything from darkstar utilities installed onto the deep cargo hold, or any of the DSU modded vehicles drew that, or a similar error

5 years ago

I was doing this in creative, that may be the issue with the "No Character" part?

5 years ago

The mod's own stuff, in 16
I had a ton of other mods installed, but it was the only one causing issues. I really wanted this mod in the pack, for the OP mining and transportation capabilities!
are there any known mods that conflict?
anything from darkstar utilities installed onto the deep cargo hold, or any of the DSU modded vehicles drew that, or a similar error

I meant more so the specific item. only specific items can be inserted into the Vehicles.

5 years ago

okay, anything from your mod, that is meant for your vehicles, crashed my game
I do not have it installed to check.

5 years ago

I will reinstall at some point to confirm the issue, but I believe it may be incompatible with my modpack as well

5 years ago

okay, anything from your mod, that is meant for your vehicles, crashed my game
I do not have it installed to check.

That's odd, I'll look into it.

5 years ago

I do not know about the compatibility limitations, but I'd love to have this so bad, this mod (And all parent and child parts related to it (the mod pack you made, essentially) is amazing, expensive, and exactly what I want

I do want to note, if I don't use the modules, it will work as expected. but with the biters and difficulty mods, they are very susceptible to destruction, quite easily

I will test it on it's own, and then add mods, one by one to identify the issue, as well as make sure I have an actual person (the hunch for why "No character." issue occured.

5 years ago

I did test it, something changed, I am suddenly able to add the modules, it seems to be a creative glitch, however, I cannot enter these ships, for some reason?

5 years ago

it seems highly picky to let me in, the size of the ship is unhappy with me entering ?

5 years ago

this bug derives from not having a character (creative testing) a bug that is completely avoided by

"/c game.player.create_character()" this command fixed the issue, not ran into it since!

New response