Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g End Point

5 years ago

Just making sure I'm not missing something important; creating the item Darkstar Dyson Sphere (essentially an unlimited power source) was as far as this game play goes? Not that it's not an accomplishment , but the description "A relay designed to send billions of command signals at once. Coordinates drones to construct a Darkstar" kind of indicates I should be launching drones and materials to actually construct a Darkstar. But I don't see any text or hints that says that should happen.

5 years ago

Just making sure I'm not missing something important; creating the item Darkstar Dyson Sphere (essentially an unlimited power source) was as far as this game play goes? Not that it's not an accomplishment , but the description "A relay designed to send billions of command signals at once. Coordinates drones to construct a Darkstar" kind of indicates I should be launching drones and materials to actually construct a Darkstar. But I don't see any text or hints that says that should happen.

Launching drone swarms will give you a Drone Signal Receiver. Which is crafted into the Dyson Sphere. If I had to make a suggestion to make it easier on you. supply the drone swarm node of your factory on space capsules instead of mining. Mining the resource for a Dyson Sphere straight from the ground would be either immensely hard or take far to long.

5 years ago

I may just be dense, or not orienting my thoughts to the process that is devised. I have created a "Darkstar Dyson Sphere" by launching enough drone swarms to get 10,000 Drone Signal Receivers. The main question is to understand if that's the end point of the task, creating the Darkstar Dyson Sphere item. Or is that item something that is necessary to have in order to actually launch things to build the physical sphere? I don't understand your space capsules vs mining sentence. Mining something could have been used to make Drone Signal Receivers instead of launching all the drone swarms? (Antithetical Matter Capsule, Dark Matter Capsule, Norbornadiene Capsule? Starcore Matter?)

5 years ago

Either way, it was a really cool mod. I had a lot of fun with the items and the process. Thanks for all the effort you put into making it.

5 years ago

I may just be dense, or not orienting my thoughts to the process that is devised. I have created a "Darkstar Dyson Sphere" by launching enough drone swarms to get 10,000 Drone Signal Receivers. The main question is to understand if that's the end point of the task, creating the Darkstar Dyson Sphere item. Or is that item something that is necessary to have in order to actually launch things to build the physical sphere? I don't understand your space capsules vs mining sentence. Mining something could have been used to make Drone Signal Receivers instead of launching all the drone swarms? (Antithetical Matter Capsule, Dark Matter Capsule, Norbornadiene Capsule? Starcore Matter?)

The Dyson Sphere is the end item. In lore the drones you send up are constructing the Dyson plates automatically. Once you reach 10,000 of them they connect the circuits required to send that energy.

5 years ago

Understood, finally :-). Thanks again for your efforts, it really was fun to play.

New response