Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Ship Grid unusable

5 years ago

The ship grid goes way off screen and anything outside of the normal window background you can't place items on it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I also appear to have this problem. I remember a similar issue being reported some time back, to which there was a recommendation to minimize the UI scale.
(At 80%, the minimum, I can still only see a small fraction of the grid of the Deep Hold, and as mentioned, cannot place any items off the 'menu' area behind the grid, despite the grid being almost hilariously larger.)
I notice a different than standard UI color in your screenshots, is this relevant? The only mod I am using with yours is Bigger Bags, which I found FROM your description.
I would really like to be able to use your vehicles, but find myself unable to use a fraction of their potential with how few of your large vehicle modules I can fit in the fractional portion of the grid I can access. (If this is intentional, I apologize for bothering you.)

5 years ago

I also appear to have this problem. I remember a similar issue being reported some time back, to which there was a recommendation to minimize the UI scale.
(At 80%, the minimum, I can still only see a small fraction of the grid of the Deep Hold, and as mentioned, cannot place any items off the 'menu' area behind the grid, despite the grid being almost hilariously larger.)
I notice a different than standard UI color in your screenshots, is this relevant? The only mod I am using with yours is Bigger Bags, which I found FROM your description.
I would really like to be able to use your vehicles, but find myself unable to use a fraction of their potential with how few of your large vehicle modules I can fit in the fractional portion of the grid I can access. (If this is intentional, I apologize for bothering you.)

Although I do not have any further UI editing mods on, I do change the background to look nicer for the page. Beyond that I do have a 4K monitor which I use to play the game with 80% UI scale. when I tested the size it worked on 1080p resolutions aswell. beyond that not much can be done sadly.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Apologies, I am bad at this site, reply below.

5 years ago

Although I do not have any further UI editing mods on, I do change the background to look nicer for the page. Beyond that I do have a 4K monitor which I use to play the game with 80% UI scale. when I tested the size it worked on 1080p resolutions aswell. beyond that not much can be done sadly.

Hmm, thank you for taking the time to reply, though that leaves me still confused. Well, nothing to be done about it I suppose. Thank you for your time and for making a mod I quite enjoy most of and am puzzled by the grids on the vehicles of.

New response