Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Complex tech tree

5 years ago

It's really difficult to get a handle on the tech tree in this. And there's a lot of tech that unlocks recipies that have components that require later techs to actually build.

Also, your graphics for laser forges should be at least updated with the high-res version of the electric smelter from 0.16 instead of the old 0.15 or 0.14 graphic. Though, ideally, a brand new graphic is in order. :-) 'Laser forge' seems to demand that a laser show up somehow. :-)

5 years ago

It's really difficult to get a handle on the tech tree in this. And there's a lot of tech that unlocks recipies that have components that require later techs to actually build.

Also, your graphics for laser forges should be at least updated with the high-res version of the electric smelter from 0.16 instead of the old 0.15 or 0.14 graphic. Though, ideally, a brand new graphic is in order. :-) 'Laser forge' seems to demand that a laser show up somehow. :-)

There are over 100 Technologies in the mod, so naturally the games order will be confusing. As for the later technology issue that is mostly caused by systems allowing you to play without biters. Many things require military to make, however if you do not want military stuff there should be another way for it to be attained, as such I believe that to be the issue there.

5 years ago

The technologies I'm thinking of aren't just biter related. For example, if I recall correctly, you can get laser mines with just blue tech, but they require leaded glass, which requires that you research a completely different tech (the one that also gives you laser forges).

5 years ago

The technologies I'm thinking of aren't just biter related. For example, if I recall correctly, you can get laser mines with just blue tech, but they require leaded glass, which requires that you research a completely different tech (the one that also gives you laser forges).

Hmm, alright. I will look into it, thanks.

2 years ago

speaking of which, what crafting station does leaded glass require?
in sandbox and trying to automate, dont care speed or price

2 years ago

nevermind, figured it out

New response