Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Geothermal Generator?

5 years ago

are your geothermal generators just high-output solar panels? i ask because they stop at night. a geothermal generator should not.

5 years ago

are your geothermal generators just high-output solar panels? i ask because they stop at night. a geothermal generator should not.

The geothermal generator works on the heat from the sun, which dissipates during the night, the reason for it being in the game is to serve as an early game clean energy method that can bypass growing seed crystals and other advanced solar materials. As for the power I have lowered the power output in the most recent version.

5 years ago

then it should be called and Small Solar array

5 years ago

then it should be called and Small Solar array

To be fair we are unsure about the planetary geothermal topography, so during night it could get very cold. Regardless of this, the new update will make the Geothermal Generators work through night.

5 years ago

geothermal power relies upon the heat given off by the planet's core, not the sun. and therefore should not be dependent upon a day/night cycle.

New response