Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Productivity modules don't work

6 years ago

i havn't tested every recipe, but i have been unable to use productivity modules on any recipes from this mod (except smelting ore).
such as: dark matter, module component, solar wafers, or that solar component you can make with the wafers (or with dark matter when you have the research for it, but idr the name of it). i dont see how making the Dyson spheres is even plausable in a meaningful timeframe without that functionality.

i have tried putting them in the machines themselves, and even in power boost beacons (which i love btw), and theres no effect on any machine that is running a Darkstar recipe.

6 years ago

i havn't tested every recipe, but i have been unable to use productivity modules on any recipes from this mod (except smelting ore).
such as: dark matter, module component, solar wafers, or that solar component you can make with the wafers (or with dark matter when you have the research for it, but idr the name of it). i dont see how making the Dyson spheres is even plausable in a meaningful timeframe without that functionality.

i have tried putting them in the machines themselves, and even in power boost beacons (which i love btw), and theres no effect on any machine that is running a Darkstar recipe.

that is actually intentional. i had to do that because before you could get hundreds of the highest level productivity modules in about 30 minutes. My suggestion would be to use as many productivity modules as possible on stuff such as plates from ore to get those resources that way. Productivity modules will only work on intermediate products, and in all of my testing this seems to be very balanced from what i can tell.

6 years ago

i was just wondering about specifically the solar panel stuff because i think i calculated it at like 15 million solar cluster things? lol. its a goal i want to hit, but seems kinda nutty without prod-mods.

6 years ago

i was just wondering about specifically the solar panel stuff because i think i calculated it at like 15 million solar cluster things? lol. its a goal i want to hit, but seems kinda nutty without prod-mods.

well, that is the point. and with them working on the base products it should be possible. either way i hope you can manage to make one. even though they are completely unfinished.

6 years ago

so, it's a race to see if i can craft one before you finish messing with it? :p

6 years ago

so, it's a race to see if i can craft one before you finish messing with it? :p

Guess so. my procrastination will be my downfall on this one XD

6 years ago

ok ive got 14 condensed cells. i quit T.T lmao
after running around always patching up the newest weak point in my production, i've concluded that high-volume pipes would be super helpful lol

6 years ago

ok ive got 14 condensed cells. i quit T.T lmao
after running around always patching up the newest weak point in my production, i've concluded that high-volume pipes would be super helpful lol

Fair enough. i will add those. also there is a glitch right now where using the cheaper photostatic recipes makes it insanely easy to get solar stuff. so try that maybe

6 years ago

i was :/ i was having issues trying to get the oil related fluids to all the machines needed for the process chains for sulfur and dark matter.
btw is there a discord for bug reporting, or do we just gotta make another thread here for each thing?

6 years ago

i was :/ i was having issues trying to get the oil related fluids to all the machines needed for the process chains for sulfur and dark matter.
btw is there a discord for bug reporting, or do we just gotta make another thread here for each thing?

I think it is probably best. gives people on here and idea of what issues there are. if you want to contact me on discord my name is the same as it is here. also. productivity modules will help alot. use some good productivity modules on the chemical plant and then put a power boost beacon next to it with a good speed module and it will work. my play through is producing 15K plastic a minute on one chemical plant.

6 years ago

yeah but the pollution on some of the machines even without prod-mods are kinda gross lol.
also, updated the mod, now i cant use it. computer isnt beefy enough for high graphics, cant load on low. oh well.

6 years ago

yeah but the pollution on some of the machines even without prod-mods are kinda gross lol.
also, updated the mod, now i cant use it. computer isnt beefy enough for high graphics, cant load on low. oh well.

there is a low spec version for that. i have not updated it to the newest version yet. but it is not far off.

New response