Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b crash when paired along with Config+

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Crashes when installed/paired along with config+
I posted the error on his page, but i thought you may wanna look at it, too. cause I'm honestly not sure what exactly triggers the crash. i don't understand lua as well as C+ but i'm trying.

fault may be in mod itself, or in config settings xerus's mod attempts to apply or read from

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Xerus/ConfigPlus/discussion/20333

6 years ago

confirmed crash with only darkstar utilities and config+ installed. all config+ settings at default.

6 years ago

from what i think i can understand, it seems to me that darkstar utilites has added ammo, which config+ tries to modify... and fails.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

modifiying out all code related to or containing words "projectile, ammo, or any of the weapons,etc resolved crash:
thus: error is in weapon-related code.
(Once i commented out all code related to the weapons in prototypes: items, entities, recipes, technology, equipment and disabled the ammo and projectile prototypes entirely, it allowed config+ and darkstar utilities to load together.

6 years ago

now how to actually "Resolve" the conflict other than disabling the items that trigger it, i do not know. this could also be resolved by disabling config+'s bit about altering projectiles or turrets, i suppose (or selectively disabling it so it doesn't touch yours...not sure if that is possible. I've located the source [as best to my ability] of what is causing the crash...how either of you choose to address it is up to you

6 years ago

my best guess is the data that config+ attempts to read is in a different data structure than what it expects, and thus fails. it expects a data type "pair" and instead loads a string, this is due to an omission in your code i think, but i really am not sure.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I've since added versions of both mods that, if either is installed, will allow the official version of the other to load simultaneously with it. (config+ removes the projectile modifier option, whilst the slimmed version of your mod removes all projectiles so there is nothing for config+ to modify)
(only one of these is necessary to load the official version of the opposing mod, ensure that the altered mod is not added alongside the mod of the same name by the official thread...or it'll accomplish nothing)...this is essentially a temporary workaround for players who wish to use most of both mods whilst a solution is found.
links here:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/usafphoenix/Darkstar_utilities_compat
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/usafphoenix/ConfigPlusCompat

6 years ago

Alright, sorry, but this is the most i was able to do, considering i don't speak lua [yet, still learning] :D
but i was able to trace the fault specifically to an issue with the projectiles the two mods either add, or attempt to modify.

New response