Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Lag when holding items

6 years ago

Hello this is one of my favorite mods, love the depth love love the new items.

There is still considerable lag when holding items or when in chunks with certain items.

Thanks Cagorathe

6 years ago

List of known lag spikes: When in hand or hovering one that is placed (frames drop about 20 ups stays up)
Mining Drills
Assembly Machines
Labs
Inserters
Furnaces
Chemical Plants
Labs
Steam Engines
Solar Panels

Interesting note, when holding a non lag item and hovering a lag item there is no lag.

Hope this helps, I am looking forward to the update that hopefully will fix this!

Cagorathe

6 years ago

Me and a friend tried this mod out for the first time yesterday and I can confirm that we had the same issues! Insane fps drop when hovering over mentioned buildings, and it is a real shame too. Mods looks awesome!

6 years ago

Indeed, I am also the case, I hope the author can greatly solve the next

6 years ago

Me and my friend have the same issue

6 years ago

if the author would care to check out the changes i've made, a version which enables configurable selection of items, and range maximums for electric poles, beacons, and roboports can be found here: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/usafphoenix/Darkstar_utilities_compat

6 years ago

Same issue here... its playable but really annoying.

New response