Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b FPS drop when hovering over machines

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I started a new world today with this mod and discovered that it is causing large FPS drops whenever I mouse over most machines (specifically tested on miners, inserters, and furnaces). FPS will typically drop from 60 to around 25, but UPS stays steady at 60. I figured it may have been due to a bad interaction with another mod, so I tried disabling all mods except Darkstar and the problem persists. Also verified that after disabling Darkstar the FPS drop no longer occurs.

Edit: Some machines cause both FPS and UPS to drop (research labs for example).

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I started a new world today with this mod and discovered that it is causing large FPS drops whenever I mouse over most machines (specifically tested on miners, inserters, and furnaces). FPS will typically drop from 60 to around 25, but UPS stays steady at 60. I figured it may have been due to a bad interaction with another mod, so I tried disabling all mods except Darkstar and the problem persists. Also verified that after disabling Darkstar the FPS drop no longer occurs.

Edit: Some machines cause both FPS and UPS to drop (research labs for example).

I always had this issue aswell in older versions, i sense fixed this issue on my end and released a patch for fixing lag, yet for some reason people are still getting lag and i have no clue why.
Edit: are you on the newest version? and if so are you on a world made on a version before 0.15.6?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yeah I was using 0.15.8, and the world was created with that version as well. Have not tested with 0.15.9 yet

Edit: Still lagging in 0.15.9

6 years ago

Yeah I was using 0.15.8, and the world was created with that version as well. Have not tested with 0.15.9 yet

Edit: Still lagging in 0.15.9

I am getting lag reports like crazy and i really don't know why, it works perfect on my PC. i will look into it.

6 years ago

Let me know if I can help you test in any way. Would be glad to help

6 years ago

Let me know if I can help you test in any way. Would be glad to help

I will, thank you

New response