Darkstar Utilities

Propel yourself all the way from mining stone with your hands to ripping holes in reality. Darkstar Aims to extend the playtime of the game to well over twice the standard. With extra features like Quarries and Ore Probes for mining in lands with no ores, or launching rockets to mine deep space materials. With roughly 664 currently added features!

Overhaul
3 years ago
0.15 - 1.1

b Weird Lag When Placing Miners

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Whenever i place down miners, research labs and assembling machines or even just hold out a research lab then i'll drop down to 10 fps, doesn't lag when placing down belts, inserters or anything like that
EDIT: I'm also getting lag by holding out inserters, assembling machines, research labs or just holding any of them is causing my game to lag, and while hovering my mouse over any machines i'll also drop down to 30 fps.

6 years ago

Whenever i place down miners, research labs and assembling machines or even just hold out a research lab then i'll drop down to 10 fps, doesn't lag when placing down belts, inserters or anything like that
EDIT: I'm also getting lag by holding out inserters, assembling machines, research labs or just holding any of them is causing my game to lag, and while hovering my mouse over any machines i'll also drop down to 30 fps.

This issue was fixed in 0.15.6, thanks for the report

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Thank you, i'll be giving it a go right now! :)
EDIT: I've been playing with the newest update for a few hrs, i do still get some frame drops but it's veery little compared to prev version, atleast it's fully playable now. Apprechiate your quick fix! :)
EDIT.. again: might aswell be my computer that's kiinda slow with factorio, reccomended ram is 8gb but my computer only has 4 due to shared memory with my graphics card.

New response