Cursed Filter Mining Drill

by L0771

Can filter resource with any mining drill

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Bug

3 years ago

Warning and break when trying to filter a mining drill (language = pt-br)

O mod Cursed Filter Mining Drill (0.1.2) causou um erro não recuperável.
Por favor, reporte este erro ao autor do mod.

Error while running event Cursed-FMD::on_player_selected_area (ID 49)
Unknown style dialog_frame
stack traceback:
Cursed-FMD/control.lua:102: in function 'open_gui'
Cursed-FMD/control.lua:11: in function <Cursed-FMD/control.lua:7>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'add'
Cursed-FMD/control.lua:102: in function 'open_gui'
Cursed-FMD/control.lua:11: in function <Cursed-FMD/control.lua:7>

3 years ago

It works now. The bug occurs only with version 0.18.33. Newer version is ok. I had the exact same problem and now I don't have it anymore. Devs probably made a mistake while changing lua API. No fix needed.

3 years ago

Nope, bug still present in Factorio 0.18.34. I checked alongside other mods and just with this one enabled - in both cases I got the exact same message SaluRamos when I tried using filter planner on any drill (Burning, Electric and ones from Texugo TA Miners mod).

3 years ago

Interesting. I really face no problems in my case (tried both alongside other mods and just this one alone and in both scenarios it worked for me flawlessly). But I wonder what if the problem in your case is the mod that adds modded miners? My other mods used didn't add any miners so I tried it one more time with Bob's mining and still no crash. In the end, I decided to test TA Miners too and again, no crash for me. Very strange. I believe it must be another mod messing with it.

3 years ago

Okay, one more test for clarification (let's play problem solving Factorio outside of the game for once :D).

Factorio 0.18.34 (build 52900, win64, steam)
Cursed-FMD 0.1.2

I launched new Freestyle game without any mods (at all default settings).
Saved game, enabled Cursed FMD, reloaded save.
I then placed free Burning Drill on an Iron Ore patch and tried to use filtering tool on it and got above error and game crashed to main menu.

I didn't unpack mod's archive. I play default (English) language (I mention this in case it's barely relatable, since bug is about GUI and we look for any differences).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Damn, you've found it! I forgot to state that I DID messed with the code on my own. I wrote my first response AFTER messing with the code (I can't do any sort of programming and very small sort of scripting). So now I can say my "fix" still doesn't work in 0.18.33 but somehow miraciously works in 0.18.34!

Here it is: in control.lua I changed the 106th line from "style = "dialog_frame"" to "style = frame" (yes, that's all I did and I see it ridiculous but if it works, how can anyone complain?)

In the end, I'm beginning to think that mod name itself is a sort of pun.

3 years ago

Great, it really does work now (and even with Angel's Infinite Ores and Texugo's TA Miners). Though I wonder why I wanted this mod, since on my current map ore patches are so rare I needed long range radar mod to find any in any reasonable amount of time. Well, at least debugging was fun :).

New response