Cursed Exp Remake

by fowenix

Adds experience, talents and blood handling to Factorio.

7 years ago

i TreeFarm-Lite dependance

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Hi, I haven't used Treefarm for some time. However, TheSAguy's bio-industries ( https://mods.factorio.com/mods/TheSAguy/Bio_Industries ) does what is needed for DyTech not to crash when dealing with the saplings. Alternatively, SloppyEngeineering's BioTech ( https://mods.factorio.com/mods/SlopppyEngineering/BioTech )also manages growing trees. If it's just the freedom to create trees to chop down, why not remove the forced dependency and let us players (or server admins) pick which of the three tree producer(s) we like?

7 years ago

i would love to add support but they would need to add a interface so i could add the seeds

7 years ago

i just thought of a idea, im going to make a mod checker so if bioindustries, biotech, treefarm or bob's greenhouse is installed i will add support and remove the treefarm requirement and make a soft requirement (it just means if it is installed the mod will load its entities and items before mine so i can add recipes to the mods machines)

7 years ago

Just peeked at your code, is the cursed tree the only item that requires it? May i suggest an alternative source of hearts? This will be a whole heap of work for just that feature. I'm not sure how TheSAguy has done it, but DyTech no longer dies when you try and plant rubber or sulphur trees. I'm guessing he has ghosted some of the treefarm functions so that the unfixed DyTech works.

7 years ago

i might try and think of a balanced way to get hearts

7 years ago

without a farm mod

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Um, you use the tf-germling as a crafting requirement for the cursed tree seed. That's my crash when I make TreeFarm-Lite an optional. Maybe as a temporary measure to get the mod error free in the short term (mainly because I want to appreciate it!) replace it (tf-germling) with something else (just wood maybe?) and make BI a dependant?
[Edit:refining statement, again]

7 years ago

My skill in coding sucks, I can't tell if your does the same as it's comparable code in DyTech. DyTech uses lots of '{}'s and defines stuff a little different. I can't tell if it's coding style or a different language. This is why I don't code X)

7 years ago

update im nearly done, tomorrow i will fix some bugs and publish it, approx time 11 hours

7 years ago

Yay! bouncebounce*

7 years ago

it's taking longer than wanted, so after school i will finish it, it will have bob's greenhouse and bio-industries support

7 years ago

done :)

7 years ago

hope you enjoy

New response