Config Train Specifications

Modify the Locomotive Speed, Cargo Wagon Size, Fluid Wagon Capacity and much more. Customize the best way for you. Now work with all modded trains.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Trains

i feature requests

5 years ago

what about a fuel consumption rate in options

not that I would use it as I'm fine with default settings

5 years ago

I was thinking about weight, which likely also impacts "stopping power".

For .16 I chose these values:
approx double mass
4 fuel stacks (fuel gets burned faster)
60 wagon slots

5 years ago

great ideas, i will try to put Weight for locomotive and wagons, and see the consumption too

4 years ago

Hey there,
To start, I would like to Thank You for this awesome modification.
Moving on to the topic I have in mind, Would You consider adding support to mod called "Schall Armoured Train" made by Schallfalke?
I believe by doing that it would enrich the variety in Factorio, due to having two different trains. One being more "civilian" and second more military grade.

4 years ago

Hi T82!!! Hmm.. that will be nice.. i will try to make the specifications available for modded "locomotives", "cargo-wagons" and "fluid-wagons"... I will start work on that! Thanks

4 years ago

I just release a new version with only percentages, that will change every modded or vanilla train you have. :) See if it works please! :)

4 years ago

Hey there,
Thanks for the update. However, I am bringing sad news.
For start, I launched factorio with only Config Train Specifications from train mods. Did a few tests, mainly waiting in menus for game to reload with new startup options.
1. there are 2 locomotive speed % settings, one on the top is ok, the second one is actually Hit Point %. Nothing major.
2. for the rest I can only say that something is not quite right. For the part I managed to understand:
2A: The capacity of wagons isn't 1:1, eg. with 40% capacity of cargo, I had 24 cargo tiles out of base 40. Bumbing percentage up to 100 made it 60 cargo tiles out of 40. The numbers do not add up.
2B: The liquor wagon is even more strange, the weight % is for 100% not right. As the locomotive struggles to move even an inch with 3 wagons.
Same thing with their capacity. with 100% percentage, they should carry 25k of liquid, in my save single wagon can hold ~650k of liquor. Bumping down the % to 25 their capacity is down to ~160k.

That's all for now, I didn't have much time to play around today, I will try to bring more feedback in the coming days.

4 years ago

Hi! Hmm... Just fix the "1." error ! Thanks!

I didnt test with any modded vehicle actually.... I just tested in the vanilla clean trains and here worked ok the percentages... You are using only the Schall Armoured Train Mod for trains?

4 years ago

Hey there,

I am using Config Train Specifications. I launched existing save with updated version and Schall armoured train. However, the % were messed up so I disabled Schall mod and left only config train specs.
Then I loaded up same save before, I didn't overwrite the save file with new mods enabled. But the cargo capacity of wagons didn't add up and capacity of liquor wagons and their weight was also not right.

I have tried updating factorio to 0.17.41 and validate game files. Only Config Train Specs. All settings set to 100 and vanillia locomotive power.
My Cargo wagons have 60 capacity. Fluid wagons have like 650k capacity each and are too heavy to be moved by locomotive.
I have also tried new game however, the stats are the same in the technology tree.

4 years ago

Hmm.. im in the computer of my work now, and its ok... i put 100% .. 40, now i changed to 200%.. its 80... If you could, try to delete all things in factorio/mod/ folder (the settings files)... its really strange whats happening !

4 years ago

Okay, I managed to fix my issue. Disabled Your mod, loaded and saved, exit load up Train Config and voila.
Everything works nice. Have You thought about adding percentage multiplicator for locomotive power instead of as it is currently?
Like Schall armoured trains provide new locomotive, if I change the setting to for example 1,000 KW every locomotive has said value.
Other than that it's a brilliant modification, and I believe Your work should be more popular.

4 years ago

GREEEAT T82 !! :) :D

About the locomotive power, I'm studying a way to do multiplicative too, looking at more experienced modders... We have to make an arithmetic relation and add quotes and kw at the end, something like "(String% * (600 or value minus the" kW "string) ) + "kW" "
As soon as I have a better solution about this, I call you here! :)

New response