Companion Drones

by Klonan

Adds friends

Content
1 year, 6 months ago
Blueprints

g Companion Drones Idling While Blueprints/Deconstruction Is In Place - SOLUTION

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hey guys, long time (>6months) user of Companion Drones due to my inability to finish a world and hate the starting "hand build" phase
I've noticed that I've had a recurring issue with drones idling while there are tasks in their range that need to be done whilst getting to bigger factories(megabases) and late game content (No Roboports or Logistics system in my case, personal or built.). I've looked far and wide for a solution to this and the most closure-oriented fix I've found online is to uninstall the mod, load the save, overwrite the save, install the mod, then load the save again.

Personally, as someone who automated the construction of the contents of this mod along with the cost of each part involved, that didn't sit with me well.

Again, this is in my own particular case but I may have found a better solution.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP SAVE BEFORE APPLYING THE FOLLOWING CHANGES INCASE THINGS BREAK!

The process, as I experienced, is as follows:
The (5) drones aren't doing anything, even with BPs and Deconstructions in effect while I (and my companions as well) are in range.
I unequipped all Companion reactors and roboports.
I unfiltered ONE Companion drone "construction laser bank" filter with middle mouse click (located on the bottom left of the companion drone inventory, not equip grid) and left it blank.
I re-equipped all of the Companion's reactors and roboports
They started working again! The Companion who's laser bank I'd removed had also re-filtered itself.
One concern is that now instead of items being directly placed into the Companion's inventory, while it is in the companion "beam" it is counted in the laser bank filter, which isn't a problem in my case since after the Companion gets close enough to return items to me, they're all accurate.

I am at the beginning of this troubleshooting, also considering the laser bank saying "DO NOT TOUCH", so any problems I encounter after this "fix" I will post here.

Hope this helps! I don't know how many other people have incrementally run into this issue I'd like feedback from the creator as well if possible.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Edit: I loaded a save from before I applied these "fixes" (after I did the process in the OP of course) and they seem to work fine. Don't know why, but they work and that's what I'm happy about.

2 years ago

I was having this exact problem and your solution worked. Thanks!

2 years ago

Worked for me as well.

2 years ago

This bug is happening to me too!
After some minutes, my inventory is full of this useless items!

New response