Clockwork

by Yehn

Changes the parameters of the solar cycle: Make days longer or shorter and control what portion of the cycle is night. Make nights darker if you like. Includes an optional Sun Never Rises mode.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

i [Config issue?] Mod compadability

1 year, 10 months ago

I don't think this mod works with Team Comp or Team Coop :(
was testing with always night with a 1 min start, tried with multi surface mode on and off, with both mods

1 year, 9 months ago

Can you provide a save file, please?

1 year, 9 months ago

Sorry I couldn't get my world to work with your mod so we don't have a world with it on, but remaking the problem should be easy if you install Team Comp and your mod, set the world to perma dark after 1 min (the reason for a 1 min time is because i wanted to make sure the world went to black)

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi,

So I am not able to reproduce the issue with the Team Competition mod; permanight is working for me with it.

However, as I've thought about it, I think this might arise from a combination of default settings and not understanding what's going on behind the scenes. By default, Clockwork makes days 4 times longer and starts in the morning. The grace period only pauses the clock; at the end of the grace period, time is not advanced to dusk immediately. This means the default Factorio day of about 7 minutes becomes 28 minutes, and thus with a 1 minute grace period, you can still be waiting around 20 minutes for night to fall.

To speed it along, you can change the start time to "0.0" (high noon), or a bit later such as "0.25" (start of dusk), and change the daylength multiplier to "1" or perhaps even a bit less.

If you're very sure it was a bug and not just waiting for the day to pass, then it would seem it's not Team Comp, or its some combination of non-default settings with Team Comp; either way, I'd need a save to troubleshoot further.

Thanks.

New response