Clockwork

by Yehn

Changes the parameters of the solar cycle: Make days longer or shorter and control what portion of the cycle is night. Make nights darker if you like. Includes an optional Sun Never Rises mode.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

g Static day length of 7779.6s

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi,

thanks for this mod.
I recently realized I have a bit of a problem. For some reason, my save's day length is set to 7779.6s.
I cannot change it with Clockwork anymore - it is static.

I am aware there is an issue about not being able to change it. I also tried to remove the CW settings as instructed on
another issue, but to no avail, my save strangely enough retains 7779.6s daylength.

I had a look into the LUA code, picked some random ".daytime" string, unpacked all the extensions I am having and searched for
that. I disabled then those mods who had an arithmetic "+" in the code in that line. Didn't fix it :-(

I understand it is not an issue with CW, but can you advise something please, that I somehow can manage the day length setting again please?

I was thinking of using the scenario editor... I did manage to change it, but CW settings didn't apply nevertheless... but is this a wise course of action?

Cheers

Tom

1 year, 9 months ago

It's hard to say if this is or isn't a bug - Clockwork has some logic to try to avoid messing with a surface if another mod has changed it, in an attempt to avoid conflicts.

One way to attempt to reset the surfaces Clockwork is tracking is to do the following:
1. Disable Clockwork in the mod menu.
2. Load the problematic save.
3. Immediately save again.
4. Enable Clockwork in the mod menu.
5. Load the save again.

Essentially this gives the mod a fresh start and it will rescan surfaces. It will, however, consider the current day length to be the baseline.

Also feel free to post the save and I will take a look.

1 year, 9 months ago

Thank you.
I remember I did manage to change it somehow, probably with the editor.
I do not have that save anymore unfortunately.

1 year, 9 months ago

No problem, sorry it took me so long.

There's also a new version of clockwork up that should prevent this kind of problem in the future and make it easier to get back to baseline - but at the cost of some flexibility (that will be restored in a future release).

New response