Clockwork

by Yehn

Changes the parameters of the solar cycle: Make days longer or shorter and control what portion of the cycle is night. Make nights darker if you like. Includes an optional Sun Never Rises mode.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

b [fixed] Warptorio 2 always night issue

3 years ago

When you warp to a new planet in Warptorio 2 the time is set back to day despite me having the always night mode enabled and the clock does not even start ticking down again to get back to midnight again.

3 years ago

Thanks for the info. Do you have a save file on the stuck-in-day surface I can look at?

3 years ago

Sincerely sorry for the wall of text.
So...at the time of posting that earlier I had gotten a previous issue of mine to be fixed by updating the mod...sadly said issue is back...for some reason the time just sits there and never moves...I have gotten around this before on non warptorio maps by just disabling the sun never rises option temporarily till the sun is down then reenabling it but sadly that would be a little obnoxious to do in this case given that time never carries over. As of course implied this issue seems to follow me even when warptorio is not enabled so it's not the issue it seems... not entirely sure what the issue is though it may or may not have started after I had clicked restore to default in my mod settings in the writing of the post below. The following was written in the context of this issue I bring up now not existing. Not sure where to go with this now. The save linked however is from after this second issue came up...

It can very easily be replicated by simply generating a free play save, waiting for it to get to midnight like desired, and then either waiting for auto warp to kick in or clicking the manual warp yourself. Once it warps to the next area you would see the issue taking place. I have never the less included a save anyway as requested along with details on what the settings are set too and what mods are loaded.
For context, my general idea of what I am trying to use the mod for is for it to always be in constant darkness though I guess it was somewhat implied already.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284326290759221248/778528033040367646/Why_Cant_Things_Just_Be_Easy.zip
Mods Loaded from world creation:
Warptorio 2
Planetorio (a dependency of warptorio 2)
Clock (by bobbing about, simply for having a numerical view of time)
Clockwork
Settings changed from default:
Warptorio 2:
Early boiler room water enabled
Logistic bots tied to roboports on the platform carried between warps enabled
Clockwork:
Daylength multiplier: 0.25 (fastest to make it get to pitch darkness sooner)
Pitch black nights enabled
Sun never rises enabled

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello,

Thanks for providing the save and info - it helps me to see what's going on since I'm not that familiar with Warptorio2.

I think I've found a way to move forward with this and hope to have a release ready soon.

3 years ago

Not sure how much this helps but the dev of said mod does have some info for working on inter-mod compatibility in there faq section on there mod page. Just wanted to mention it in case the idea you have right of the gate doesn't work. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio2/faq

3 years ago

Not sure how much this helps but the dev of said mod does have some info for working on inter-mod compatibility in there faq section on there mod page. Just wanted to mention it in case the idea you have right of the gate doesn't work. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio2/faq

Thanks for the resource. So I have some good news - I have a working version right now. There's just one bug (not warptorio related) I'm trying to track down and fix. Also trying very hard to get this done tonight since I want it out before 1.1 and I don't expect to have much time tomorrow and perhaps through the weekend. So with any luck, you should see a release in not too long.

3 years ago

Ok, new release is up.

But please note that for multisurface games, this release is not save compatible. Before upgrading on a multisurface game, please disable the mod, save your game without the mod loaded, then upgrade and re-enable the mod and it should work.

3 years ago

Thank you for the rather quick fix!

New response