Clockwork

by Yehn

Changes the parameters of the solar cycle: Make days longer or shorter and control what portion of the cycle is night. Make nights darker if you like. Includes an optional Sun Never Rises mode.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

g [fixed] Accumulator capacity overwritten by other mods?

3 years ago

My accumulator capacity was super high (25x), but it seems to be stuck at 2x (10.0MJ capacity and 600 kW output). The mods accumulator is affected by are Clockwork, Squeak Through, and Krastorio 2, so there might be a compatibility issue.

Probably too late to fix this mid-game (pretty sure i read that in the information tab), if there is a way to try to change this please let me know.

3 years ago

Hello,

This is calculated every time Factorio starts. In the information tab, what I meant there is it can't be changed while the game is running. For example, you can open the pause menu, go into mod settings, and change daylength even as the game is running. You don't need to quit out and reload, it takes effect as soon as the setting is changed.

Daylength requires nothing. Accumulator capacity requires a full Factorio restart. But not a new save.

Now with that out of the way... Let's talk Krastorio 2.

I went through K2's files, and it modifies vanilla accumulators at a stage where Clockwork's modifications could have happened before it. Meaning, basically, Clockwork makes the change, and then Krastorio 2 overwrites it with its own change.

I'll upload a fix for this when I have a minute.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello there,

The new version now supports Krastorio2's accumulators (and it should work with any other mod that changes them in the same way). It was a simple change but I only had a chance to test it this morning. Have fun!

(And just to reiterate, a new save is not required)

3 years ago

Oh fantastic! Thanks a bunch, very fast too ^_^

New response