Clockwork

by Yehn

Changes the parameters of the solar cycle: Make days longer or shorter and control what portion of the cycle is night. Make nights darker if you like. Includes an optional Sun Never Rises mode.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

b [fixed] Pitch Black Not Working

4 years ago

I'm on the latest version of 0.18 and the pitch black night setting doesn't seem to be working.

4 years ago

Hi,

I tested on the latest version and I was not able to reproduce - Pitch Black is working for me.

Are you using any other mods that might affect nighttime settings?

4 years ago

I have it set to pitch black and endless night and the endless night part is working but it seems to just be a normal night.
None of them should be but here's full mod list
ArmoredBiters 0.18.2
Clockwork 0.18.3
FNEI 0.3.0
FluidMustFlow 1.2.7
IslandStart 0.18.1
Krastorio2 0.9.11
VehicleSnap 1.18.1
rso-mod 6.0.8

4 years ago

This has my settings for graphics and clockwork as well as a picture of the night just being normal.
https://imgur.com/a/AQlXSnl

4 years ago

Oh, hm, there may be an unexpected interaction between permanight and pitch black. Thanks for letting me know, I'm looking into it and I'll see what I can find.

4 years ago

Hey again,

So I just uploaded a new version that should fix this. The issue is, apparently, the darkness setting on the new 0.18 API can't be applied while the surface is 'frozen' (which happens for both the grace period, and then again to keep the night going); I've reorganized the code to ensure it gets applied at the right time.

For an existing save, please go into the setting and turn off "pitch black", then exit the menus to the game unpauses for a second, and go in and turn it back on. This should get it working and it should work out of the box for all future saves.

Thanks again and have fun.

4 years ago

Cool, thanks for fixing it. Rip me now though because I haven't really made lamps yet because glass is a pain starting out in krastorio.

4 years ago

If Krastorio hasn't made circuits too difficult, you could try out the flares. Have fun either way, heh.

4 years ago

Flares are what I'm using for now but they're a temporary solution.

4 years ago

I see I see. Alright then, good luck out there, engineer.

New response