Clockwork

by Yehn

Changes the parameters of the solar cycle: Make days longer or shorter and control what portion of the cycle is night. Make nights darker if you like. Includes an optional Sun Never Rises mode.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

b Evolution Time Factor Itteraction

5 years ago

I opened for my self a competetive hardcore by adding some new enemies and most importantly by playing with highly increased evolution factors. Simply if you maxup Time factor of evolution this means you reach 1.00 after 14hours of real time. So with new enemies i cut it in a half and expecting reach evo 1.00 after 28hours BUT WAIT, while testing some stuff i type /evolution just by accident and what i saw = 0.15 after only 1hour, this means first behemots will appear after 6 hours! (evo factor 0.90+) I use Daylenght Mutiplier = 4.32 (to get 30min = 1 full day cycle) and it seems like there is some interference between this parameter and Evolution time factor. That was unexpected m8.

5 years ago

Hello,

This mod uses the ingame API to change the number of ticks in an ingame day. It doesn't do anything to directly adjust evolution rates. If you feel this interaction is undesirable, I would recommend throwing a suggestion (or perhaps even a bug report, to see if it's unintended?) on the official Factorio forums.

I've left a note with a developer, but I'm not sure when, or if, I might hear back from them.

Thanks.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i made more tests, simply just run single player map for more than 24 hours and i saw what i was wrong, i thought time factor add evolution linear, but it seems like it slows down from start to end, so it takes me 3 hours to get 0.5 but then around another 21-23 hours to reach 0.9 So my apologise for misleading, but this mechanic just not clarified in game or even in official wiki, so unfortunately its just coincidence. All I did was assume that the evolution grows linearly, took my saved world with the standard settings where I played 70 hours and calculated the effect of the time factor, and then multiplied it by 6.66 (the difference between the standard 1500 and maximum 10,000)

5 years ago

Hello Ivan,

No problem at all - I like to hear about stuff like this and I never got an answer from a dev anyways. It's also not the first time something like this has happened - on my turret mod, well, the in game damage multiplier can be really unclear and has led to some misunderstandings on how it works.

In the meantime, hope you enjoy the mod, and if you do find anything wrong please let me know.

New response