Charcoal Burner

Adds a way to turn your useless excess wood into charcoal

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Balancing

5 years ago

This mod allows you to turn 8 units of coal into 5 solid fuel units (vanilla game). That is, 64 MJ turns into 125 MJ. 16 trees turn into 6 solid fuels: 64 MJ -> 150 MJ. I think that this is somewhat unbalanced.

5 years ago

I agree about the direct solid fuel production from coal mechanic: it's too efficient, especially since the process also produced creosote, which can make even more creosote. Even wood to coal is a bit too efficient: I can understand 2 wood for one coal, but creosote is produced as well.

If creosote as a useful byproduct is to be kept as a mechanic, I feel like the wood-to-coal and coal-to-solid fuel material requirements should be about doubled. Otherwise, with the current numbers along with production modules, solid fuel production from coal is much too efficient. I think simply condensing energy products shouldn't give you free extra energy without production module use (like Solid Fuel to Rocket Fuel). It would be different if another/more resources were needed to produce another energy product (like Rocket Fuel to Nuclear Fuel).

New response