|Created:||2 years ago|
|Latest Version:||1.17.24 (a month ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.13 - 0.17|
A small mod I wrote to get rid of excess wood. Put wood into a furnace, and out comes coal!
It can get more complicated if you wish:
- Charcoal through the chemical plant;
making charcoal in a chemical plant does not require charcoal preparate as an intermediate and gives creosote oil as by-product.
Creosote can be used to make solid fuel and an antiseptic salve that works like a fish.
- Coal coke;
making solid fuel with coal gives creosote and an increase in fuel value.
- Preserved wood;
Creosote can be used to preserve wood planks to make them more durable. represented by more planks.
All this requires research and chemical plants.
For those who play with angels mods, there is a special integration part:
- Crack creosote oil into its constituent components: Naphtha, Phenol and Anthracene
- What is anthracene? a compound made from three benzene rings it can be split into. (dissolve it first in methanol)
- Make a resin-like pitch from creosote (really just bob's resin)
- Barrel creosote oil in the angels fashion or void it if you have plenty
- A few adjustments to remain consistent with angels mods and my own naming:
- Coal coke gives actual coke, and is moved to the carbon processing tech
- Solid fuel from creosote needs coal coke like all other solid fuel recipes
JoeWhizer for providing german translations. He has also translated other mods, seen in the link below:
- Fixed crash when Angel's petrochem isn't present, but angel's refining is
- updated to 0.17
- nerved creosote production to make it more of an extra bonus and less of a possible nuisance
- updated to use angel's new name for resin
- Fixed a bug
- Fixed a bug
- fixing bugs
- allows use of productivity modules with recipes
- changed backend names to remove the possibility of conflicts.
- Removed charcoal preparate
- added setting to reintroduce charcoal preparate because of wonkyness
I only introduced charcoal preparate because I could not get inserters to insert raw wood properly. It works as I originally intended, but with a little wonkyness. If you use burner furnaces with wood as fuel, inserters will fill up the fuel slot first, then they will insert wood for the recipe. because of this, I added a setting that allows use of the old mechanics if you want to.
- Actually fixed crash when Angel's petrochem is enabled
1.16.15 didn't fix it, I apologize
- Fixed crash when Angel's petrochem is enabled
It's out now, and I over looked something. It works now.
- Updated for 0.16.x
Haven't tested with bob's/angel's yet, because that's not out yet, but it works without!
- Added German translations by JoeWhizer (go click that link!)
- Added Dutch translations
- fixed Angel's latest update (refining 0.7.13) resulting in a crash
- added anthracene to angels void list
- fixed crash if any of angels mods is present but not angels refining
- fixed bug where the game wouldn't launch if angels mods were not installed
- added integration for angels mods (see above)