|License:||The Unlicense (Public Domain)|
|Created:||3 years ago|
|Latest Version:||1.16.0 (2 years ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.13 - 0.16|
0.17 Status: Working prototype
ETA: When it's ready
The chainsaw is a mining tool specialized in cutting trees that aim to fill that void before you get a flamethrower or the construction bots, or for people who want to get to keep the wood but find the axe to be a pain.
I found a way to make the thing only be able to mine wood, so no more explosion or damage like before.
I also added a hotkey to switch between the chainsaw and the fastest mining tool in your inventory. (Default key is "CTRL+TAB", can be changed in Factorio settings menu.)
I switched the default key to CTRL+TAB since the devs changed the default key for switching gun from Q to TAB.
Very minor multiplayer issue
To make it only able to mine wood, I must put the entity under the player cursor minable flag to false.
This means that in multiplayer a player could stop another player from mining something by placing his cursor on the same entity while holding the chainsaw.
It requires steel processing and basic engine to be researched, cost 20 red and 20 green science.
To be made it require :
- 2 x steel-plate
- 5 x iron-plate
- 1 x engine-unit
- 20 x coal
- v.1.16.0 (december 13, 2017) - Updated to 0.16
- v.1.15.3 (april 27, 2017) - It's CTRL + TAB now since steam use SHIFT+TAB -_-
- v.1.15.2 (april 27, 2017) - Had to change the default shortcut again, it's SHIFT+TAB now.
- v.1.15.1 (april 25, 2017) - Fixed a new bug in god mode and changed the default key to Q.
- v.1.15.0 (april 24, 2017) - Updated to work on 0.15.1.
- v.1.14.5 (Jan 5, 2017) - Fixed crash when toggling the chainsaw in god mode.
- v.1.14.4/1.13.3 (Nov 15, 2016) - Bumped the stacksize to 20.
- v.1.14.3 (sep 20, 2016) - Fixed crash with 0.14.8 because the devs added a protected function named log and I had one too :(
- v.1.14.2/1.13.2 (sep 03, 2016) - Fixed lua error when killing enemies while holding the chainsaw.
- v.1.14.1/1.13.1 (sep 03, 2016) - Fixed being able to mine tile with the chainsaw.
- v.1.14.0 (sep 03, 2016) - Factorio 0.14 version.
- v.1.13.0 (sep 03, 2016) - Now only mine wood (no more explosions), added hotkey to switch between fastest tool and chainsaw.
- v.0.0.2 (july 28, 2016) - Removed electronic-circuit from recipe so it can be crafted by blue assembler
- v.0.0.1 (july 28, 2016) - Initial release