Cast Artillery

by Ph0en1x

>imagine manually clicking each biter nest in artillery range lol

Utilities
7 months ago
Combat

g Disappearing Orders

7 months ago

Great mod! Only problem with it is that orders disappear after a minute which is a minor inconvenience.

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

Build more cannons.

7 months ago

Jokes aside, I think this is just as simple as specifying a longer life_span when creating the artillery-flare entity that the cannons look for when deciding where to fire.

I'll poke around with it and see if I can ~4x-5x it; that should be sufficient for most cases unless you have a serious imbalance between cannons and available ammunition. Maybe also remove the dumb in jokes I put in for the gang I was playing SE with now that I've been reminded that there are other people using this

7 months ago

Turns out it's not that simple. For some reason, the life_time specified when creating the artillery flare is just ignored, and the default is used. Not sure if this is an engine bug or expected behavior I just haven't found the documentation for yet.

As a workaround, I've just increased the default lifespan for the flares from 1 to 5 minutes. On a ridiculous test map with the surroundings packed with spawners, 13 cannons with infinite ammo were able to fire on ~1800 targets before the flares expired. The increase hopefully won't cause trouble for regular usage of the artillery remote.

These changes will be in 0.0.3 once I remember where the hell the button for uploading new versions is again.

New response