CanalBuilder (Updated)

Dig canals to extend or connect bodies of water. - Adds waterfill and swimming - Biters, players, and vehicles are slowed down in water Updated to 1.1.x by Walkman100

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Environment

g "Swimming"

2 years ago

since factorio officially has shallow water now, would it not make more sense to simply place that shallow water instead of coming up with a new mechanic?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Woah, that is awesome, however doesn't naturally generate: https://wiki.factorio.com/Water: "Shallow water is not generated by the default map generator so in the base game it can only be found in the tutorial."

I really want to replace the mechanics in this mod with that though, sure it doesn't generate naturally but I think it'll work if I just change it to place shallow water with waterfill. However, I'm pretty sure a fair amount of people expect it to work like it currently does. I could add an option to change modes... But I think I'll make a different mod for it

Any opinions? I've just had a look, and I don't see any waterfill mods that use the pump waterfill placer that this mod does, nevermind using the shallow water as well...

2 years ago

Maybe you could make it so that if you make a big enough area with your water, it will turn into a shallow water pond? Like canals are limited to 3 wide, but once you place a 4th it turns into shallow water and limited throughput or something. It would be cute to be able to make little ponds with lillies and stuff :)

New response