CanalBuilder

Dig canals to extend or connect bodies of water. - Adds waterfill and swimming - Biters, players, and vehicles are slowed down in water

Tweaks
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17

b Really slowing ups/fps

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Just to say to people: This mod cause my game slowing down to 4 FPS especially when flamethrower turret are firing. Just in case you got the same problem, it's coming from this mod. Hope it can get fixed in the future.

4 years ago

control.lua has a feature that slows down entire groups of aliens every tick. There are some performance tips i could give to that...

Right now you aren't checking if the enemy is in water at first. So this will scan the whole attacker party for every projectile hit at every tick of the game be it on land or water. If this is an area damage inflicter, the same big attack party could get scanned several times per game tick.
- Don't slow down a whole attack group, just the biter that got hit.
- I was thinking this should have a delay but i'm not sure where/how to put one in place. Done wrong it could skip whole groups of biters.
- To be fair the damageHandler event could be entirely removed. If they are already moving slower in water, isn't that enough? You can make it even slower, discourage player from swimming as there are other ways to cross over water anyway; aircraft, hover vehicles, land bridges, portalguns or other forms of teleport.

New response