Hydrogen Power Systems

Using the power of univese's most common element

3 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

b Electrolyzer bug

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Cannot use the more efficient recipe, of sulfuric acid and water to create hydrogen, in the mods Electrolyzer, can use it with Petrochems chemical factory

5 years ago

My mod was not designed to interact with Angel's Petrochem but I will try to solve the problem

5 years ago

I tested my mod with Angel's Petrochem but I could not find a problem everything is working as it should be
As far as I could understand you tried to use my recipe in Angel's Electrolyzer but they are not compatible

"My hydrogen" and "Angel's hydrogen" are not the same fluid, my hydrogen was created to be used as fuel and its recipe was balanced around it while Angel's hydrogen was created only for chemical reactions and use much less power to be made

If conversion from one kind of hydrogen to another was possible everyone would be able to have infinite power because Angel's hydrogen uses much less power to be created than mine

5 years ago

to clarify, the electrolyzer that comes with your mod would not make hydrogen, but the alternate recipe used in the advanced chemical plant , which outputs 1, worked

5 years ago

I have both bob's mods and angels, something may have been modified to break it, im not sure though.

5 years ago

I downloaded bob plates and tested in creative mode but unfortunately still couldn't find the problem

I'm really doing my best to solve it believe me, but it's really hard to find a mod incompatibility.

Can you send me a save game with the problem?
e-mail: dinhotakamoto@gmail.com

Also, my electrolyzer has a few unique characteristics that may confuse some people.

It is configured to tertiary power that means it only works if there is excess energy in your factory and it will not use energy from other tertiary power sources like accumulators, electric energy interface and my fuel cell generator in its default config

Maybe you tested my mod in creative mode with an electric energy interface? Or maybe you have in your factory another tertiary power source from some mod I did not test yet? If this is the case try testing it with solar panels (lots of them)

My electrolyzer is also EXTREMELY energy-hungry and that means if you don't have enough energy it will take forever to make few units of hydrogen, so please check if it has enough power

Anyway thanks for your feedback and your help to solve this problem

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Good afternoon. Just to follow up on this bug report. I did try setting up an isolated power grid using Bob's solar panels. Unfortunately the pyrolyzer still did not work. I'm not sure what steps to take next in isolating the problem, but perhaps use with Angel/Bobs is so niche that it's not worthwhile fixing :). It's a pity though, you've built a lovely, focussed mod!

5 years ago

The problem is the pyrolyzer or the electrolyzer???

The pyrolyzer is moved by nuclear heat (like the heat exchanger), not electricity and it's working temperature is 800C, due to a small problem (probably will be solved with Factorio's next version) it also doesn't transfer water from 1 building to another until the temperature hits 800C

If the problem is the electrolyzer, since it's the first building in this mod, if the incompatibility was with Angel/Bobs I would not receive 1 or 2 complains but several of them,
The problem is probably with some other mod installed and without being able to reproduce the error there's nothing I can do to solve it
If isolating the electrolyzer in a separate power grid didn't work the only way to localize the problem is to uninstall mods 1 by 1 until it works, if you send me a save game I can do this work for you, but again due to personal problems It can take some time
If you find the problem yourself please let me know.

New response