Burnys Train Station Blueprint Creator

by Burny

A helper mod to quickly create train station blueprints for different train lengths and individual needs.

Content
4 years ago
0.14 - 0.18
Blueprints

g Logistic Train Network?

6 years ago

LTN stations are very similar to default, you just want to wire all the chests to a single decider, and lay down a constant combinator near the station.

Also, for the MadZuri load balancer, you have it setup per train per side? Why not for the whole train? I don't want to load the front more then the back of the train.

6 years ago

About the MadZuri load balancer, I'm not sure. It definitely makes sense, but most of the time (if at all) I've seen it being used per wagon and per side. I will need more people's opinion about this.

About the LTN, I don't know how you want me to implement it. I could add a checkbox which allows people to replaces the normal train stop with the logistic train network train stop, but that's about it. If I remember right, the combinator settings still need to be manually put in.
Unless you specify which resource type is transported, then I could figure from "loading station" + "resource type" + how long the train is what settings I'd have to put in the combinator.
For example, 1-4 train has 4 cargo wagons, resource type is iron ore so stack size is 50, and it's an unloading station: so the combinator has to be set to 4(#cargo) * 50(stack size) * 40(storage size per wagon) * -1 (it's an unloading/requester station) = -8000 is the combinator setting for iron ore.

I don't exactly remember the LTN mod because I tried it once and found it makes the game too easy for me, because train management is one of the challenges of factorio.

New response