Burnys Train Station Blueprint Creator

by Burny

A helper mod to quickly create train station blueprints for different train lengths and individual needs.

Content
4 years ago
0.14 - 0.18
Blueprints

i even loading

7 years ago

it seems that even loading doesnt work for me, it only puts 1 ore in the buffer chest

i always used this splitter layout for my loading stations:
http://prntscr.com/edjy0h

H4sIAAAAAAAA/6WT0WrEIBBFfyXkWUuUdl+C3xLcOFsEMwadQoL472uzS6HtNps0byJzuPeMaHzlfK9d1alke49RpWTRwKQEi/YdtVOJ5hFUbQmGmqEeyvmiI/E4OksEoc6Z3Rn5jKGgMY4+ED+Do0JmBkiWLHwG/z3IRh/LlEeVJsUFmxWXmRkboF9uX0uFjXRzBP6dfNoOy2fw10Z/6L68FbI54PuNlZtCmyWUi3+myhu8D1hTfFxzeY9Sdb+fXPzW9FYXsx8Uj7h8/xyiO9W5DUAfAauuBTRXInOk25kDAAA=

7 years ago

Hey, thanks for finding this bug! The output of the combinator was missing; I accidently misspelled a variable. It should be working now.

Your splitter layout should achieve exactly the same as this layout with combinators. In case you don't know MadZuri's smart train stations, I'd definitely recommend looking into it, if you enjoy using circuit networks.
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/4e03g2/madzuris_smart_loading_train_station_guide/
or: https://youtu.be/4JROAJfX9Lc?t=10m35s

The only advantage using combinators instead of your "1 to 6 balancer" setup is the smaller design: The width of the layout is smaller by 2 tiles.

7 years ago

Awesome mod. I stress tested it a bit. Pure awesome timesaver. Now I don't need a full blueprint book of just stations and can concentrate on the rest of the layout.
Only additional option i can think of is filter window for designating item type beyond the stock ones you have built in (that will already cover 90% of stations)

One error was found while stress testing: the refill option is somewhat wonky, sometimes placing fuel requester chests at cargo cars. looking at the blueprints it seems to write the correct chests, but then adds the fuel chest/inserter on top (it is possible to manually erase the the fuel ones in the right-click blueprint editor)
keep the combinator balancer option, it is an excellent shortcut to wiring up all the chests to a circuit network to use as logistic station, the extraneous bits can be deconstructed.

All in all, this might break me of my habit to use only LCCL consists and mix it up a bit. Thank you.

7 years ago

Very nice to hear! Thanks for stress testing it. I fixed the fuel requester chest issue in v0.0.4, it should be working now for double and single headed trains.

The filter is the idea I had at first but I had no idea how to implement it, except for replicating the game's filter menu (which means writing a whole lot of code to re-simulate the filter menu). I couldn't find a quick way to just copy paste this filter function from the base game sadly.

If I can, I'd definitely implement it as filter for the transported cargo. However, I am unsure if I should implement it for the inserter types, chest types and belt types, since they can vary in size (as in: they may not be in 1x1 tile size when placed and will cause unexpected behaviour).

Do you (or anyone who reads this) know a mod, where such a filter option is implemented, so I could look at the code and try to implement in this mod?

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

if you only need to "filter" one item, in example maybe a iron-plate station, you can implement something like foremen with the replace feature where you can drag the item on the button

if you want to filter more you can just add 1 button per cargo wagon

i hope you understand what i mean, english is not my native language ^^

7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion!
I was able to implement it now with: pick up an item in your mouse cursor, then click a the "resource type" button (should probably name it "item type" in the next version) and the filter will accept the new item!
This should work for items added by mods aswell. It might not work for items which don't have an icon/sprite/image, but hopefully all modders include such an image to their new item.

Filter per cargo wagon might not be scaleable - think about a (mad) person who wants 10 or 20 cargo wagons per station -> he will have to enter 10-20 filters :p

But yeah a 2nd filter option might be good for, for example, oil (empty and full oil barrels). I could implement it so it "alternates": cargo #1 has filter 1 (full barrels), cargo #2 has filter 2 (empty barrels), cargo #3 again has filter 1.
L-full-empty-full-empty...-L
This would make the life easy for people who ship their oil with double-headed trains too, because of symmetry reasons:
L-full-empty-full-L trains would always arrive in train stations "in the same way", while
L-full-empty-full-empty-L trains might arrive in the opposite direction as expected (for example when queueing this train to go to 2 oil loading stations before going back to the main station to unload).
Let me know if you guys want this alternating 2nd filter option!

New response