Burn it all!

by Graypup

Restore burnability to items which are no longer flammable in 0.17, as well as the burner mining drill

Content
5 years ago
Power

b Items from Bio Industries

5 years ago

First of all: it's nice to burn the old wooden power poles again! But I have some issues with stuff from Bio Industries:

1. Ash suddenly has a fuel value of 2.0 MJ -- I don't think we should burn ash.

2. Wood pipe: 8 wood + 1 copper plate --> 4 wood pipes; as copper plates don't have a fuel value, one wood pipe should have the same fuel value as two wood, i.e. 4.0 MJ. However, we get 10.0 MJ per wood pipe.

3. Wood pipe to ground: 5 wood pipes + 4 copper plates --> 2 wood pipes to ground; so one wood pipe should have the same fuel value as 5 wood, i.e. 10.0 MJ. However, it burns for 50.0 MJ.

4. Wooden fence: 2 wood --> 1 wooden fence; but burning a wooden fence yields 12.0 MJ instead of 4.0 MJ.

5. Dart turret: 20 wood + 5 iron gear wheels --> 1 dart turret. However, it has no fuel value.

6. Big wooden pole:

1 wood + 2 copper cable --> 2 small electric poles
5 wood + 2 small electric poles --> 1 big wooden pole

So, one big wooden pole corresponds to 6 wood, but it has a fuel value of 20.0 MJ.

Could you perhaps adjust the values? Currently, this is seriously overpowered and feels quite cheating. :-)

5 years ago

Uhh, this mod doesn't integrate with any sort of bio industries. Contact the mod author of that mod for those values, they didn't really balance them very well.

As for actually using these recipes as fuel, that's not the intention of this mod. The point is to get rid of items, that's why burner mining drills have a fuel value ;)

If you have any suggestions as to how the fuel values should be modified for this mod's recipes, please tell me and I'll change them, the ones that are currently here were rather thoughtlessly made up without consideration for balance.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

[Post edited, removed wall of text]

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Uhh, this mod doesn't integrate with any sort of bio industries. Contact the mod author of that mod for those values, they didn't really balance them very well.

Sorry, I just now realized that it's indeed the other mod where fuel values are defined because somebody made a post about it there. Guess I messed up on that one. :-)

As for actually using these recipes as fuel, that's not the intention of this mod. The point is to get rid of items, that's why burner mining drills have a fuel value ;)

I see your point. Also, I don't want to make wooden products as a steady source of fuel. However, my early game involves lots of wooden products, so if I decide to switch later on I will have lots of wooden stuff I won't need anymore. If I burn them (and I think it's an acceptable way of recycling to exchange products for energy -- at least if you can't use the existing products as an ingredient in new ones), they become fuel. And if I get more energy out of this fuel than went into it, it's cheating. :-)

If you have any suggestions as to how the fuel values should be modified for this mod's recipes, please tell me and I'll change them, the ones that are currently here were rather thoughtlessly made up without consideration for balance.

Thanks for the offer, I'll think about it some more. Perhaps it is really unnecessary and changes in the other mod are enough.

New response