Broodmother

by Qon

Broodmother is a spidertron that spawns baby spidertons that will follow their mother and attack for her. They get the same equipment (free, can't be taken out) as the mother and same ammo loadout (taken from her trunk).

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b [Not a bug] Baby count glitch

1 year, 7 months ago

When I try to change the max baby count to say 8, it still produces 20.
Is there a minimum number for babies ??

1 year, 7 months ago

Is there a minimum number for babies ??

No.

When I try to change the max baby count to say 8, it still produces 20.

So it spawns up to 20 after changing the value? Or do you get 20, then change the value to 8 and are left with 20 because they don't automatically despawn when you lower the limit?

1 year, 7 months ago

It spawns 20 after changing the value in the mod settings before starting the game.
I take the mother out of my inventory, place her on the ground and still spawns the 20.

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

And if you go into mod settings while the game is going?

Factorio saves your map and player settings both outside game saves and inside. The map/player settings you change before loading a game are only used for newly generated worlds as default values. After creating and saving a world it has its own set of settings. So you have to change the settings while the world is running.

So you never changed your setting for the world you tested, and this is not a bug with Factorio or Broodmother.

New response