Broodmother

by Qon

Broodmother is a spidertron that spawns baby spidertons that will follow their mother and attack for her. They get the same equipment (free, can't be taken out) as the mother and same ammo loadout (taken from her trunk).

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Love it!

3 years ago

I love this mod, it is fun to play with and I really love the baby spidertrons, I was wondering if you could actually made a building, like a nest that spawns these things with a set load out that you can then use a ping to tell them to move to a area or even set them to actively seek out and destroy xD

Or maybe add these to the list of deploy-able bots with unlimited time?

3 years ago

I'm glad you love it :D

I was wondering if you could actually made a building, like a nest that spawns these things with a set load out that you can then use a ping to tell them to move to a area or even set them to actively seek out and destroy xD

Well the Broodmother is already a "building" kind of which does exactly that, but movable. I don't think a nest is necessary. I've considered making it possible to control the baby spidertrons with things like remotes etc so mods that do add patrolling (Spidertron Squad Control and Spidertron Waypoints) and things like that would be able to use them like that. And Robot Army mod has robots with biter AI that seek and destroy nests.

But for that you might prefer having unlimited baby spiders deploy that aren't free to spawn? Because if they can go anywhere without the mother it doesn't make sense that they spawn for free since they aren't really "connected" to the mother as a part of her. And the limit would be annoying when you are paying for each spawn.

Or maybe add these to the list of deploy-able bots with unlimited time?

They don't have any time limit. They die when they run out of ammo (if they don't have attack equipment like personal laser in their grid), when the mother dies or when they get too far from their mother.

Or are you suggesting making something like combat robot capsules for them?

New response