Braver New World deprecated

RTS-like scenario for Factorio. Player character is removed, all work must be done by bots. Minimal 0.18 port of Brave New World by candidae, ported by Sladki, published by Omnifarious.

3 years ago
0.18 - 1.0

g Update 1.1 for Seablock

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello there,
would love to see an update for 1.1 for seablock purpose.
I checked out the new seablock 0.5 pack with the current version updated in info.json for 1.1 and it seems to work at first glance. I started a new game. The only thing so far is, that the rocky chest of seablock is still there. I have to open it and try to move the content to my inventory and then the content gets moved to the storage chest except the moved item stack, which gets lost. I try further ...

EDIT: It works better, if I just drop an decon-planner in my inventory. That way, nothing gets lost

Love this mod! Thanks to you, candidae and Sladki.

3 years ago

I will be updating it this weekend, or over Christmas break. :-) My guess from reading about 'breaking mod changes' forum is that this should just work with a modification to info.json.

When I update this, I will be deprecating this mod, and making the update to the original Brave New World that I now have publishing rights for. :-)

3 years ago

Ok, sounds great :) Thank you very much. Merry Christmas!

3 years ago

I tried Seablock 0.5.1 and they reworked starter tech's.
So, it has to be similiar to this, if I understand things correctly:

-- research some techs that require manual labour
if seablock_enabled then
force.technologies["sb-startup1"].researched = true
force.technologies["sb-startup2"].researched = true
force.technologies["bio-paper-1"].researched = true
force.technologies["bio-wood-processing"].researched = true
force.technologies["sb-startup3"].researched = true
force.technologies["sb-startup4"].researched = true
force.technologies["sct-lab-t1"].researched = true
force.technologies["sct-automation-science-pack"].researched = true
end

3 years ago

Thanks for the information. Is this version of Seablock 1.1 only? Do you have a link to the Seablock mod?

3 years ago

Seablock for version 1.1 was taken over by KiwiHawk
Here the forum link to the pack:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=93136
The single mod is still here https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlock but it needs the complete package to work.
My info with the tech research applies to 1.1 only.

I don't know, if Seablock for 1.0 still works with BNW. It used to work some months ago. But there were updates specific for 1.0, too. I probably would ignore 1.0 if nobody complains.

3 years ago

I'm currently struggling to try to get BNW to auto-update the scenario script if a new version of the mod is loaded in an existing BNW save. It partly works. :-)

3 years ago

There, the changes should be made and uploaded. I don't know enough about SeaBlock to be sure that the changes are correct and sufficient, but it looks good to a first perusal.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm gonna check it tonight. Thank you very much.
EDIT: At first glance it works like my own edited version.

On new game, the rocky chest still exists (which shouldn't). I have to drop a deconstruction planner to my inventory to trigger the inventoryChanged method, which moves the items to the storage chest. Not a big deal for me, but confusing for others maybe

3 years ago

I noticed that weirdness too. I think it does it because the original author of BNW was frustrated trying to find a way to get at the chest after Seablock had created it, but before anything else had happened.

3 years ago

Something like that sounds reasonable.
It used to work in 1.0 and 0.18. Maybe something happened in seablock (cleanup, fix, ...), that the inventory is not changed automatically anymore on new game.
I can search for another event, which suits better maybe...

3 years ago

I'll think about the problem as well. :-) A temporary 'on tick' event might be an idea. Though, a terrible hack. :-) Anyway, we should move this discussion the the Brave New World board.

3 years ago

If I ever find a solution, i will post it to Brave New World :-)

New response