Bot Prioritizer

A simple tool: With it you can select areas with work orders for robots (constructions, deconstructions, upgrades) to try to give your personal robots priority over your base robots by re-issuing the orders. Because who likes to wait until the base robots finally arrive?!

Utilities
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1

g Automate

3 years ago

Can u automate the script instead of doing it by hand?

3 years ago

Right now, I don't think this is a good idea. It could become rather taxing UPS wise, I think. Also, if you continuously delete and recreate build orders for you bots, I think nothing would be done at all, because every time a bot arrives to build something, the order will be deleted.

Since all previous statements are just speculation, I'll have to test it and see what happens if the script runs periodically (i.e. every second, maybe configurable).

I'll probably have a look at this this weekend or during the next week. In the meantime you could disable the selection tool and just go around pressing CTRL+D (or any other hotkey you could configure).

3 years ago

So, I've been trying to make this work. It already works, BUT - and that's a big BUT - while running around it continuously reassigns the construction orders! So if you have one belt ghost you're running towards ALL your bots will fly out with a belt in hand, the first one places it, and then all return at once and drain your batteries/fusion reactors.

So I'm still thinking about how to solve this. Only reassigning entities that come newliy into range is also not a good idea, because if you don't have enough bots and there are more entities to reassign in range, those not-reassigned entities won't be reassigned until you run away and come back again...

I don't know yet, how to find out which bot took over the job. If I can find this out, I think I can "automate" it.

All the best,
Chris

3 years ago

Well after some research and after bugging people about this, it doesn't seem to be possible to automate the functionality of my mod without dirty workarounds that produce a sub-par result.

Sorry, my friend. We have to rely on klicking the button/pressing the hotkey.

Chris

3 years ago

Hello Panterh3art,

I don't know if you follow this thread, but I have good news! I was working on a few improvments of the mod and with the help of aaron311 I managed to create a workaround to provide the functionality you wanted. After coding and trying it out, I have to say I didn't know it yet, but I wanted this feature, too!

So in a short while i'll release V0.2.0. I have to do some testing so that I don't release a buggy mess.

All the best,
Chris

3 years ago

hey sorry i wasn't really folowing it indeed but now i see your replies and u did a great job
but can u give me an list on how it prioritizes for example belts > rails > assemblers > inserters ?

and could there be another feature were we can setup the prioritazion our self so we can change the prio order?

New response