Black Market 2

by djmango

Sell and buy items/fluids/energy on the black market using trading chests/tanks/accumulators, choosing the frequency of exchanges and related fees. You can now sell your overproduction and buy things that you don't want to craft by yourself. You can also use these trading units as a paying shipment system.

1 year, 2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Can't change taxes?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I play Krastorio + Space Exploration (plus a bunch of minor mods) and BM2 fits quite well as an idea but my problem is that I can easily... sell batteries and using income just continuously purchase iron, copper and crude oil to keep me producing more batteries with some extreme profit. Right now it feels like a cheat coz I don't even need mines when I can just auto-buy base resources and sell mid-game ones for infinite profit.
At the same time we all know the philosophy of numerous RPG games is that you almost never sell for profit. U sell junk in order to buy useful stuff but u are always at a loosing side when it comes to profits. Well coz it usually takes 100 gold to buy a sword and the you sell it for like 5 gold.
Unfair? Maybe. But at least it's not breaking the game balance when I sell lotsa useless stuff (read "surplus") to get small quantities of something that matter here and now.
Now the mod actually supports it all and I believe the idea is just to tweak taxes properly. If I get 90% tax on every sell and same on every purchase then my goal would be reached.
Sad thing is that when I change taxes mid-game (single-player) - nothing happens. I can disable taxes for good but I cannot change their values.
2 requests:
1. Please fix taxes in map settings
2. Please add separate purchase and sell taxes

Version of BM2 mod used: 2.0.3

3 years ago

I just released a patch to fix this, go ahead and test it out!

New response