Big Brother

Big Brother - Research radar upgrades in amplification, efficiency, and surveillance capabilities. Create the ultimate surveillance state.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

b Causes huge UPS loss and lag spikes. Uninstall deletes ALL radars.

4 years ago

Installed this mod on an existing save. Started researching the technologies. Everything seemed fine. Radar ranges and scan speeds increasing nicely. Then I noticed the lag. It didn't just slow my game down. It also introduced lag spikes. Momentary freezes in the game every few seconds. I assume this is because all the radars are now scanning faster and at the same moment. It got so bad that I decided to remove the mod.

Uninstalled the mod, reloaded my game. No radars. All the radars have been deleted. ALL 500+ OF THEM.

I figured I might be able to 'fix' the mod by only researching the radar range expansion and surveillance without researching the radar scan speed increases. That didn't work either. With none of the new techs researched everything is fine. Once I research 'Surveillance 2' the lag begins. Every 3-4 seconds the game freezes for about 0.1 or 0.2 seconds. It's infuriating.

And due to my own stupidity I now don't have a save before I started using this mod. Looks like I'll be building another 500+ radars.

This is a cautionary tale. Backup your saves.

3 years ago

Is there a way to clean uninstall the mod. I also have huge fps drops now.

New response