Big Brother

Big Brother - Research radar upgrades in amplification, efficiency, and surveillance capabilities. Create the ultimate surveillance state.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

i Configurable options and additions

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Would like to say first, that i love the idea of this mod. However I think it's way to easy to get the upgrades/research.
I know we can just restrain our self and not research it before it feel more right, but that's not realistic...

Wish you could add some configurable options
1: -Current tech tree. (For those who like it like this)
- Medium tech tree. (Move everything down one place on the tech tree)
- Hard tech tree. (Each new tier require a new type of science pack.)
2: - Current research difficulty (Number of science pack needed to complete the research)
- Medium research difficulty (double)
- Hard research difficulty (triple)
3. Range nearby each upgrade gives. 1-5
4. Range distant each upgrade gives. 1-5
5. Speed increase of scans. %
6. - Power requirements for radars. 75 - 500
- Instead of a static power requirement, make a toggle option for dynamic power requirement.
This would then take the other options into consideration, range nearby, range distant, speed of scans, and also how many research currently completed.
This would probably give a huge power requirement for each radar, but that's the downside to surveillance.

New features
1. Instead of permanent upgrades, make a module based system. Each radar have a distance and a speed module slot.
2. - Modules for trains and big power-poles also.
- Power requirements for these modules also.
- Trains require batteries to power the modules when not at a station. Batteries charge at station.
3. End game spy satellite research. Require space science pack.
Every time a rocket is launched, a huge area of the world is visible for 1-5 minutes. (configurable)

So just to be clear; I have no experience with modding and I dont even know if these things is possible to make.
These are just my thoughts on how to make it a better mod with both configuration and features in mind.
The new features I mention, will also make it a production challenge. Not just a free easy upgrade.

Thanks for reading!
//arZic

New response