Big Brother

Big Brother - Research radar upgrades in amplification, efficiency, and surveillance capabilities. Create the ultimate surveillance state.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

b Higher latency and stuttering on Multiplayer

6 years ago

Hi, just got this up and running and the mod works great - but it seems to be a source of stuttering for all players. I narrowed it down to Big Brother by looking at the debug text. I'm not 100% sure how to read the numbers, but I figured that it reads out like mod-name-here: current/minimum/maximum. The biggest clue that it was Big Brother was the maximum value seemed to hover around 10.0-15.0 where the current seemed to stay at around 0.20.

I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting those values but it was the first thing I saw and disabling the mod definitely solved the issue.

Our base, to get an idea of size, is 1.5-2 GW.

6 years ago

+1 for this. Recently our server was plagued with massive stuttering issues. The multiplayer-waiting-icon from the debug menu was flashing constantly. Removing all of our radars immediately solved the stuttering.

It's worth noting that we use Bobs mods in addition to big brother.

@sneakyRedPanda , did you have bobs mods installed as well?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Massive stuttering even in singleplayer while about 30 survivalence centers were being deconstructed by bots. It went from 60 to like 10 UPS/FPS.

4 years ago

Same here, The problem is I can't "remove" the Mod in my mad as it converted all of my previously installed radar towers to the Big Brother Version. So, unfortunately, it looks like my game is now permanently slowed :/

4 years ago

Problem is still there, even though I had thought it might be due to my Botstation/Radar Combination, that catapulted my Radar to a total whopping 1,5k units, later on just shy of 900 ... but after researching all the speed upgrades and stuff, the game went on stuttering like hell....
After deactivating the mod it removed ALL my old Radars, while many will mourn, I was really HAPPY, as i could simple reinstall them nor where i REALLY need them... saved a looooot of work fixing my map ;)

New response