Big Brother

Big Brother - Research radar upgrades in amplification, efficiency, and surveillance capabilities. Create the ultimate surveillance state.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Combat

b Desync when blueprinting with Big Power Poles

7 years ago

I have a few blueprints that when I place them down and overlap an existing pole with the pole in the blueprint the game will desync and crash. How should I go about collecting information on how this happens so I can report it here?

7 years ago

Desync and Crash? Like crash to desktop? Post the crash information in the official factorio bug reports forum (with a save + mods folder zipped). Mods should never be able to crash the game. Bug report forum: https://forums.factorio.com/viewforum.php?f=7

I'll also take a look at the desync, that's more likely an issue with the mod.

7 years ago

The game doesn't completely crash. I get kicked a desync is created, the map is saved, then I reconnect.

7 years ago

It just happened again when I connected red logic wire from a oil tank to a large pole!

2 years ago

Still happens.

Also, if you remove the pole manually, then a yellow electricity plug icon is left (assuming no other power pole in range?) which turns out to be the invisble surveillance camera. The camera remain in the way of putting down a blueprint. As the camera is invisible it seems it cant be selected (directly, or drag delete), so we end up water filling (waterfill mod) and then land filling to get rid of it.

New response