Bucket Wheel Excavators

Adds 3 types of large Bucket Wheel Excavators.

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining

b [Works as Intended] Ores on the wrong side of the belt

3 years ago

I don't know if it is correct but i think it is not. The bucket wheel excavator does only drops the ores on one side of the so you only have the half throughput as the excavator could do. So please could you correct that so when I place a red belt directly to the output of the bucket wheel excavator that all two sides of the belt will get the mined ore (correct throughput of the excavator. And last but not least I have a nice idea or omprovement for the recipe, you could use 60 burner miners / 30 electric miners from the vanilla game to build one mk1 bucket wheel excavator.

3 years ago

I think you don't understand me? Your wheel excavater exports his items only on one side and not on both sides of the belt!!

3 years ago

That is normal behavior for miners. Big or small, vanilla or mod, miners drop ores onto one (1) side of the belt.

It's not a bug, it's not incorrect, it's how things normally work.

That said, when you have a miner that is capable of producing more than one lane of a blue belt worth of ore, it's natural to ask the question "How can I get a full belt's worth of output from a device that will only output to half a belt?" In fact, it's so natural that one might consider it a frequently asked question!

The standard answers to that question are:

Instead of having the miner output directly to a belt...
- Have the miner output into a logistic chest (logistic robot throughput scales with number of robots)
- Have the miner output into a regular chest and use loaders (mods) which can saturate a belt.
- Have the miner output into bigger chests (mods) and use multiple inserters/loaders to transition to belts.
- Have the miner output into a railcart and use stackinserters on those (like above, but minus the mods and plus some train shenanigains)

Note - these answers pertain to vanilla miners with crazy modded speed/productivity modules, to miners from this mod, and to high-speed miners from other mods. Because this is normal, non-buggy, correct behavior.

3 years ago

Sorry, my bad. I was a little bit irritated because you won't get the full throughput when you dont use a splitter directly behind the miner to get the ore on the other side.

New response