Better-Q is a simple Mod that layers additional functionality over the in-game Pipette('Q') function.
Hopefully you will find these additional functions to not only be helpful, but also intuitive.
Features added to Pipette tool:
- If you do not have the item targeted available in your inventory, Better-Q will add it to your crafting queue.
- Upon completion of crafting, Better-Q brings the crafted item to cursor for easy of placement.
- Automatic placement, with correct orientation, of ghosts in a single click.
- If item is not in you inventory, begins crafting and 'remembers' where it was to be built.
- Auto builds on crafting completion, assuming current cursor is available for utilization (Empty).
- Can continue to single-click build non-ghost entities that you have in inventory using Better-Q.
- Only one item can be crafted at a time. You cannot queue up multiple items (That would be too easy, tsk tsk).
- Can continue to use Pipette tool to place items in inventory while crafting.
- Removed the default function that brings up a miner when using the Pipette tool on ore, coal, and stone.
- Can be turned back on in settings.
This is my first Mod for Factorio/working with Lua. If there are any issues, or simply better practices, please let me know.