Spaghetti Belt Tools


Upgrade or remove an entire line of belts with one click, vital for spaghetti bases. Can remove lines of pipes as well. Supports loaders. Supports many modded belts.

Utilities
8 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
12.8K
Logistics

g Having issues with shift+left click upgrading the whole base

7 days ago

Hey, love the mod, but I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or misunderstanding the mod. The left click to upgrade works exactly as expected, where it stops at each neighboring splitter. However, not sure if it's because of the setup of my base, but whenever I hold shift so it upgrades past the splitter, it seems to be too permissive and tries to upgrade almost the whole base. For example, if I have a iron belt line and the copper belt line, upgrading the iron with shift click also upgrades the copper line. I have default settings on. What could be causing this? I can send some screenshots if needed.

7 days ago

That means that the iron line and the copper line are connected somehow -- shift-click will follow the belt all the way. If, for example, your ore lines end up at smelter stack and have the same coal line connected with splitters, then it'll upgrade both on shift+click. If you are sure the two lines are not connected, then yeah, that shouldn't happen and I'm confused how it could happen. You can send screenshots here or upload them directly on Github.

7 days ago

Not at home right now, will do some further debugging when I can. I have a question though: if I merge line A and line B by splitting off of each with a splitter, and then having each side load a belt (such that the result belt is half A and half B), does marking A for upgrade with shift click mark all of B as well? Shouldn't the "upgrade all" only go downstream and not upstream in the event of a merge like this?

7 days ago

Each belt entity (regardless of type) can have inputs and outputs. I build a graph of connected belt entities when the user calls for an upgrade, and this can consist of multiple paths (e.g., upstream and downstream, or both sides of a splitter). The graphbuilding ends at splitters, when there are no direct feeds (e.g., sideloading), or when there are no more nodes to explore. These default heuristics were determined in initial betatesting from users, and I think I added settings for all the heuristics. If you found a case that isn't, let me know and I'll see if I can make it an option. Shift+click will only end when all nodes are explored and will therefore create a graph of all belts connected to the selected one, which will follow all sideloading belts and splitters in both directions, yes.

New response