This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

a month ago
0.13 - 1.1

b Jetpack makes avatar unable to connect to again

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

With Avatars 0.5.26 and Jetpack 0.3.14 any avatar that uses the jetpack once will disappear from the control interface so control is permanently lost after that and /repair-avatars command doesn't fix it.

a month ago

With just the Jetpack and Avatars mods enabled, I changer control to the avatar, press J to fly, press J again to stop flying, and disconnect from the avatar, and the avatar is still in the list. I tried with Space Exploration (and it's dependent mods) as well, with the same result that it works fine.

Can you share the exact scenario you are seeing? Please go through the exact steps so I can reproduce it.

a month ago

Those steps do reproduce the bug for me, I think the difference may be the avatar ownership setting; apparently it happens only when it is set to player.

a month ago

Ok thanks, that was the information I needed to fix this. That setting only changes the display within the Avatar Control Centers, and the avatars are still there if you change it to Force. In the latest version I have fixed the property on the avatar that is getting wiped out by the jetpack, but you need to change to the "Force" ownership to find the avatars to fix them.

Follow these steps to fix your avatars after upgrading to 0.5.27:

1. Change "Avatar Ownership" Avatar setting to "Force"
  2. Enter an Avatar Control Center and control each of your avatars
  3. For each avatar, fly and land the jetpack, then you can disconnect from them
  4. Change the "Avatar Ownership" setting back to "Player"

New response