This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

a month ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Equipment for the avatar

2 years ago

Hello,

i am tinking of using your AVATAR mod as a proxy for different locations in SE.
So i am planing to build the avatar and send it to the stars instead of me.

The AVATAR out of the deployer is just stark naked :-)
how about adding a Equipment center using a 'avatar blueprint' to equip the avatar with the grid and logistic requests ?

2 years ago

Hm, neat idea, I guess how would you set the blueprint? Something like a "copy this armor and its setup"?

It would require a new GUI and some figuring, but I could see this being a good feature to add at some point.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I have thought about equip and save avatar-setup (or the real body) with an 'blueprint' so like a save of the equipmentgrid/logistic-setup stored in a blueprint/recipe which one can set in the deployer or the (new) equipment-center, so like an assembler.

One can have then different avatar setups automatically produced (like, battle / building .....)

i tried out also to equip the Avatar and send it to the stars :-)
but when i picked him up the equipment was also removed from the avatar, all then in my cargo....
Albeit somewhat ok, but i think it would be better if it could be still in the avatar-grid

Other point would be how can we insert this equiped avatar into a rocket automatically, but in the end one can send all separate and equip the avator on site

Albeit its good for me presently, but i would recommend for SE that the avatar technology needs bio-material at least (one could also make the material science a request) also some biomatter would be okisch for the skin

2 years ago

Thinking on this some more today, the equipment blueprint idea seems like it would be good as it's own mod really, as I could see use cases for it standalone. I'm still interested in the idea of it, and would likely have some kind of integration with Avatars to make it more convenient.

I starting to rewrite some parts of the mod a bit ago, so I can look into making the avatar items keep their armor.

New response