This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

a month ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Crush when disconnect in multiplayer

2 years ago

my friend is using Avatar A
I'm using Avatar B
The game crushed when I clicked disconnect and make the unrecoverable error

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

(the biggest mod I have is space exploration)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

just got another unrecoverable error.

also in the multiplayer game, when I was controlling Avatar then quit the game, the game crushed. my character is on a spaceship. and the Avatar is on the surface.

the host load the auto save and I am suddenly in the respawn spot.

2 years ago

Can you give a little more context? A screenshot of the error or the factorio-current.log file: https://wiki.factorio.com/Log_file

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

https://i.imgur.com/vxHkpZg.png
https://i.imgur.com/OjHugND.png

Is the image clear? sorry I didn't copy-paste when the errors occurred

2 years ago

I wasn't able to reproduce either crash. Can you describe more about what was happening around the errors?

• Were you using any mod related entities/equipment on either the main character or the avatar? Like Jetpack?
  • Any other mods that might effect your character?
  • Just more information around what was happening on the errors?
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks for help!
Weird. I can't reproduce the error. I'll report in details if this occurs again

2 years ago

I get the error again! In Space Exploration & single player.

The mod Avatars (0.5.18) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Avatars::on_pre_player_left_game (ID 106)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__Avatars
/scripts/avatar_control.lua:50: in function 'bodySwap'
Avatars/scripts/avatar_control.lua:175: in function 'loseAvatarControl'
Avatars/control.lua:23: in function <Avatars/control.lua:21>

1) my charater C boards on a spaceship.
2) using Avatar A on the spaceship.
3) Spaceship arrives at a different planet.
4) disconnect Avatar A causes the problem.

all the save after certain point is unrecoverable.(really close to a compete destroy of my save)
I think the problem maybe it can't find my charater C back. because it's in a different place.

2 years ago

Oof. Ok, so I looked into Space Exploration a bit, and it looks like it just deletes everything and recreates it when the ship lands. So it's an entirely different character entity. I will talk to the developer and see if they can fire off an event when this happens to make this a smooth transistion.

As for what to do in the meantime, don't spawn avatars on ships or use the control center on ships.

If you end up in a stuck state and no way to swap back to your body (and no saves that work), you can run this command to spawn a new basic character and swap to it. You will likely have an old one standing around, but killing it should drop it's equipment.

/c remote.call("Avatars", "create_new_body")
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thank you for your help! Spaceship may travel for minutes. Thus I use the Avatar when travelling. I will take more care of that thanks.
Also, one of my avatar at another place (asteroid field) constantly disappear from the avatar list. I let it enter the remote deployment unit everytime and it works.

Bug need to be reported in the discord channel. You can contact the developer via channel.

I heard that Space Exploration will create its own avatar (clone technology) related with bio science. I don't know if the developer will consider compatibility with similar mod.

2 years ago

I actually looked into the documentation a bit more and was able to fix this on my end.

0.5.19 should fix these issues you were seeing.

New response