This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

a month ago
0.13 - 1.1

i Player locked Avatars

3 years ago

Not sure what is possible with LUA so I'll just ask just in case it's actually possible:

• Only allow players to jump to Avatars they "own" (basically ones they themselves created and placed, IF that is something that can be tracked)

Basically so that on a large map, like an OARC scenario, people cant just hop over to anyone elses territory too easily.

3 years ago

I'm not familiar with OARC, are the players put into different forces? If so then this is already covered by the mod.

If not then it shouldn't be too much to change the force filtering to player with a setting.

3 years ago

Our modified OARC is simply code to "spawn start in different parts of the map with a custom start area". In our scenario we are on the same force. We get to vote on mods most of the times, but Teleports type mods get shot down, as they want a "decent" amount of player separation (interaction wise).

With a player "filter" restriction, It would easily pass criteria as then you can't insta-jump to anyone's base and mess around (or help TOO much). I thought I'd suggest it just in case it was something that could be done.

The ability to switch to another part of the map while a remote clone is waiting for a cargo drop or is traveling IN a train to get somewhere? Awesome.
Anything that cuts down on dead-time is always welcome.

3 years ago

It was an easy enough add and I had some time tonight, so it's in 0.5.17.

Technically, if another player from the same force mines the avatar and places it down it's now their's, but they'd have to be in the first person's base to do that anyways.

3 years ago

Oh, thats ... fantastic actually. I'll have to test it. Very nice, thank you.

New response