This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

24 days ago
0.13 - 1.1

g AAI Programmable Vehicles Support

3 years ago

Hi, what you think guys about a possibility to create "drone" army with this mod and AAI Programmable Vehicles ? So you can controls "soldier" units in RTS, i would love to see that, its possible?

3 years ago

The mod portal didn't notify me on this comment, only just noticing it now.

I don't know a lot about the programmable vehicles mod, but I assume it works based on entities that are of type "car", while the avatars are of type "player". I guess I could make an avatar shaped car, but then it wouldn't be much different from the vehicles available in the other AAI mods.

Maybe one day I can look into some remote control type features for Avatars.

2 years ago

The mod portal didn't notify me on this comment, only just noticing it now.

I don't know a lot about the programmable vehicles mod, but I assume it works based on entities that are of type "car", while the avatars are of type "player". I guess I could make an avatar shaped car, but then it wouldn't be much different from the vehicles available in the other AAI mods.

Maybe one day I can look into some remote control type features for Avatars.

It actually uses biter AI to pilot it, and while it works with car limitations (such as rotation,) it shouldn't be too hard to apply biter AI mechanisms to it, right? Not to mention, this would actually be quite versatile, as each vehicle in AAI only does one specific thing, and can get stuck because of the size, but because the avatar is more mobile and can do the same things but slower and with similar movement and rotation as a biter possesses, it actually works out quite well.

2 years ago

It would entirely be up to AAI to do the lift, unless I just made my own ai mod specifically for avatars.

Though Klonan is working on AI for players, so integration there may be the end goal: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Kruise_Kontrol

New response