This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

28 days ago
0.13 - 1.1

g New toolbar

5 years ago

In 0.17, this MOD is facing some problems on toolbar.
It because toolbar is independed from inventory and be associated with player.

This change affects to mainly vehicles and blueprint(book)s.
It means, player's original body and avatars has same toolbar, but they can't have "same" blueprint(book)s or vehicles.
It causes, player's original body and avatars has "empty" slot in toolbar for those items each other.

5 years ago

Hm, ok, this is something that will require some more research on my part. I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few weeks, but I'll try to look into it after that.

5 years ago

So, I think I misunderstood the original issue. It looks like the toolbar does get copied when you switch from player to avatar, or vice versa.

I could copy over those items, but that feels weird to do, since the inventory changing should be how this happens. Doing it for vehicles would duplicate them (or just teleporting them to the avatar), and blueprints are free and can be pulled from the blueprint library, so not sure what else would be needed there.

5 years ago

If you place a blueprint book directly onto the tool bar from the blueprint library, then it will persist through the control swap between avatars and the player character.

5 years ago

Yes, that's a part of solution.
But we can't place planners other than blueprint(deconstruction, upgrade...) to library those are identified by new toolbar.
(I had test about vehicles and found they are not identified by toolbar.
So the problem about vehicles might be my misunderstanding.)

Anyway, (mainly filtered) deconstruction planner and upgrade planners have problem yet.
Especialy, filtered deconstruction planners are often important.
Although, it's only a part of this problem.
I think it can be ignored, if to solve it is too hard.

(However, an user who want to divide role of avatars completely might think to need individual toolbar for each avatar.)

5 years ago

What are you looking for on the behavior of this?

The problem with the deconstruction and upgrade planners is that they are always linked to a specific item in your inventory. So, the only way to share it between the player and the avatar would be to make a copy of it and give the copy to the avatar (assuming that it has space in it's inventory).

The other problem with the quick bar is that mod developers don't have exact access to the item. The API for it just provides an item prototype, so it is equivalent to "a deconstruction planner", not "THIS deconstruction planner". So, if the player had 1 on the bar and multiple in their inventory I wouldn't know which is on the bar, and so would have to copy ALL of them to the avatar.

This is all achievable, I'm just not sure if it really is worth it, as it could waste a lot of inventory space on the avatar.

New response