This mod allows players to create and remotely control Avatars. Avatars act like players, with a few minor exceptions. The mod also includes a few custom entities to control and create the Avatars.

21 days ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Some instructions would be helpful

5 years ago

Like how does the control center work? It just says "Not Operable" when I click on it. Even if it's in a powered zone. How does this mod work exactly?

5 years ago

You need to enter it like a car or tank, then a UI will appear to select an avatar that was placed to swap with.

There will be a disconnect button in the top left to go back to your original body.

5 years ago

THAT is cool!
Definitely make some instructions for people. This is a pretty cool mod with a fun (though very expensive) alternative to teleporters.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Though I am seeing some inconsistency in function.
Sometimes, I'll go in the control center and it will say Total Avatars 0 even though I put one in a deployment unit. Other times, I'll put two avatars in and one shows in the trunk but then the control center says there is an active one.

Is this a bug?

[edit]
Okay I think I understand how it's meant to work but it did get stuck not working at all. When you put a deployment unit down, and then put an avatar in the trunk, after about a second, that avatar will vanish and then the unit will become occupied. I suggest not doing it this way. You should just have the storage slots with avatars in and as long as there is one in there, you can remote control it. Then you can remove them like inventory items. Otherwise you end up with locked deployment units which you can only pick up if you remote in and remove the body by getting out first, then going back and picking everything up.

5 years ago

I do like that way of handling the deployment units much more. I'll look into implementing it when I have free time.

Thanks for your input.

5 years ago

Yeah I will be testing this out further. When I was trying the mod out in creative mode, I ended up losing some avatars in the deployment units and not getting them back. I am not sure what specifically caused this, but considering the cost of avatars, that would be rather upsetting in a real game to lose them due to a glitch.

5 years ago

Hm, the logic on those haven't changed in the past year, so if they are eating avatars no one has noticed in that time. I'm not sure how well the mod will interact with creative, since you don't have a character.

Try just using /cheat in a normal game if you want to play around with them (it will make everything free to craft and hand-craftable)

5 years ago

Well by 'creative' I mean using the Creative Mod. It just switches on a bunch of cheats and gives tools to let you test things quickly. But again, I will test it more thoroughly and let you know if it is a problem, if I can reproduce it reliably.

New response